The Village of Morton will have a new ambulance joining its fleet soon.
The purchase was approved by the Morton Village Board at its Oct. 7 meeting. The total for the ambulance with trade-in allowance and pre-payment discount is $277,093.75.
Two bids were received for the ambulance, one from Truck Centers of Morton and one from Truck County of Wisconsin. The bid was awarded to Truck County of Wisconsin, which came in $2,208 lower than Truck Centers of Morton.
The ambulance will feature an extension on the truck chassis that allows for a larger fuel tank to be installed.
In other news, the Board:
* Heard from Joel Dickerson, Director of Parks and Recreation, about the success of the recent disc golf tournament in Morton.
According to Dickerson, the tournament in August featured more than 6,500 out of town visitors for the event.
*Heard from Morton Chamber of Commerce Director Leigh Ann Brown about the success of this year's Pumpkin Festival.
Brown also noted that Trick or Treat Main Street will take place on Oct. 25 downtown.
* Heard that the Drug Take Back event will be from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 26 in the Morton Police Department lobby.
* Appropriated $200,000 from the Motor Fuel Tax funds for the purchase of road salt to be used during the winter season.
* Approved the bid for the Jefferson Square Lighting and Landscape Improvements project in the amount of $81,060 for the lighting project to A. N. J. Electric and $76,500 for the landscape improvement project to Krumholz Brothers Landscaping.
* Heard that the Yard Waste Disposal Program will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily starting Oct. 26 through Dec. 8. The disposal will be closed on Nov. 22 and Nov. 23 for Thanksgiving. Drop off will be at Sewage Treatment Plant No. 2, 2625 S. Fourth Street.