Submitted by Emily Stubbs, School Board Secretary
March 17, 2020
Audience Presentation—Luke Knapp, Lincoln School parent, thanked the administrators and teachers for assembling the materials for student pickup today.
- The Board of Education set their retreat dates for June 23 and July 21 at 5:30 p.m.
- Dr. Smock—reported on the first day of schools being closed to students and teachers. All full time support staff with benefits will continue to report to work. Custodians are disinfecting buildings and busses. Some projects normally done in the summer will be started during the shut down. Building secretaries are working as support to administrators. Technologists are supporting teachers and planning for distance learning. The District Office is open and staffed.
Spring Break will be as planned—April 6—13.
- 7th and 8th Grade Math Textbooks— The current math license for Big Ideas Math is up for renewal. The committee looked at five different series to replace the old series. The recommendation is for McGraw Hill Reveal Math. The books will be available to review online, as the Morton Public Library is temporarily closed.
Action Items Approved:
- Music Curriculum Resource—Quaver Music Curriculum
- Anatomy and Physiology Textbook—Pearson Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Biology Textbook—Norton Biology NOW
- Nutrition Dual Credit Course—Illinois Central College
- Arbor/Bethel Lutheran School Food Service Agreement for 2020-2021 school year
- E-Learning Plan to submit to the Regional Office
- Policy 3:42—Emergency Powers of Superintendent
- IHSA Membership for 2020-2021
- Summer SOAR, MHS APEX Summer School, Summer Challenge Program