All persons may register to vote who are citizens of the United States and will be 18 years of age on or before November 3, 2020, General Day, and will have lived in the State of Illinois and in the precinct of residence 30 days prior to the date of the General Primary Day.
If you are registered but your latest Voter Identification Card does not reflect your current address, you must report the changes in writing. If your name has changed, you must re-register. Registration and name changes require two forms of identification, one with current name and address.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020, is the last day for voter registration or transfer with the Election Authority andDeputy Registrars before the General Primary Election. Online voter registration continues through the Illinois State Board of Elections website at www.elections.il.gov from Wednesday, February 19, 2020, through Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Grace period registration or change of address will begin on February 19, 2020, and ends on March 17, 2020, only within the County Clerk’s Office. Use of the privilege requires the applicant to present two forms of identification, one with current name/address, and to vote on the day of application.
Vote by mail applications will be available through March 12, 2020. Ballots will not be mailed any earlier than February 6, 2020, and continue through March 9, 2020. Ballots must be postmarked or returned by March 17, 2020.
Applications for ballot are available for printable download or online submission at
www.woodford-county.org – Hover over “Government”. Click on Voting and Election Information. Under Applications – Choose Vote By Mail-Online Application or Vote By Mail-Ballot Application 4.2.19. An application can also be requested by calling the Woodford County Clerk’s Office. Ballots will be mailed beginning February 6, 2020.
Early voting will be conducted at the Woodford County Courthouse, 115 N. Main, Room 104, Eureka, Illinois.
- February 6-7, 2020 (Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- February 10-11, 2020 (Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Closed February 12 and 17, 2020 in observance of Lincoln’s Birthday and President’s Day
- February 13-14, 2020 (Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- February 18, 19 and 21, 2020 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- February 20, 2020 (Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- February 24, 25, 26 and 28, 2020 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- February 27, 2020 (Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- March 2, 3, 4 and 6, 2020 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 5, 2020 (Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- March 7, 2020 (Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon)
- March 9, 10, 11 and 13, 2020 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 12, 2020 (Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- March 14, 2020 (Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon)
- March 16, 2020 (Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Illinois residents may check their registration online by going to www.elections.il.gov and clicking “Voters” and then clicking “Am I Registered to Vote in Illinois”.
If you have any questions regarding your registration, please consult the Woodford County Clerk’s office prior to the deadline at (309)467-2822.